Fadama III AF Graduate Unemployed young women Agro-preneur Support (bog-Guys) Program – The National Fadama Coordination Office (NFCO) now invites interested young graduates (men and women):
Title: Fadama III AF Graduate Unemployed young women Agro-preneur Support (Fadama Guys) Program.
“Fadama” is a Hausa name for irrigable land-usually low-lying fields underlay the lower aquifers found along Nigeria’s major river systems. Such countries are particularly suitable for agricultural production and fishing, and traditionally provide food and water for the animals. The great potential of this country is only very partially continued. The Fadama I and II projects successfully refined approaches for improved use of these lands.
Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) has received additional payments from the World Bank toward the cost of the third National Fadama Development (Fadama III) Project, to Support ramping up production of four (4) prioritized staple crops (rice, cassava, millet and tomatoes) . The Project intends to use part of the proceeds of this credit, to support graduate unemployed youth and women to become agro-preneurs in line with the FGN Green Alternative – Agriculture Promotion Policy (APP).
The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to increase incomes, to use rural lands and water resources in the Swamp Areas in any way throughout the Receiving country.
The additional financing is fully dedicated to scaling up all the six components of the parent Project namely:
- Component 1: Capacity Building, Communications and Information Support;
- Component 2: Small-Scale Community- owned Infrastructure;
- Component 3: Advisory Services and Support for Acquisition of Farming Inputs;
- Component 4: Support to the Agricultural Development Programs, Sponsored Research and On-Farm Demonstrations;
- Component 5: Matching Grant Facility for Assets Acquisition through groups; and
- Component 6: Project Management, Monitoring and evolution
Rules and Guidelines for Interested Individuals (Please review carefully)
Eligibility Criteria for application are:
- The applicant is a Nigerian, resident in any of the following participating States (1st Phase): Abia, Adamawa, Akwa lbom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Ebonyi, Ekiti, FCT, Jigawa, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Sokoto & Taraba.
- The applicant is between the ages of 18 and 35 years old as at the tire of submitting application.
- The candidate has a demonstrable passion for agriculture and is willing to become an agro-preneur. This should be indicated through a written statement in the application form;
- The applicant is a graduate of any institution of higher learning (including Secondary School Leaving Certificates holders who have practiced farming and/or enterprise of choice for at least 5 years);
- The applicant must have access to land and/or place where his/her agri-enterprise interest of choice would be located;
- Having computer knowledge and skills would be an added advantage;
- The Fadama Ill AF funding must be requested for utilization on eligible costs or activities based on a business plan to be submitted after successful application and proposed training.
- Note: Any application that does not follow the rules and guidelines presented below will NOT be considered.
How to Apply for Fadama III
Interested and qualified candidates should follow the steps given below:
- Log on to the Fadama GUYS Portal at: http://guys.fadamaaf.net and create an account
- Check your mailbox for confirmation of account creation and login details to the Portal;
- Complete and submit the Application Form;
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2017.
List of Documents to be Provided During On-line Registration
In addition to filling up the Application Form, the candidate must submit the following additional documents:
- Scanned original copy of primary school certificate;
- Scanned copies of valid Federal Government of Nigeria issued means of identification (such as international passport, INEC Permanent Voters Card, National identity card or drivers license, etc);
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s original highest educational qualification certificate;
- The attention of interested Individuals is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrower, Revised January 2011 and 2014 setting forth the World Bank policy on Conflict of Interest.
- The submission deadline will be the closing date stated above at mid-night West Africa Time (GMT+1 hour). No application will be allowed after the deadline.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours [from 08 hours to 1600 hours] Monday through Friday (Except Public Holidays) from the Project Officer:
National Project Coordinator,
National Fadama Coordination Office (NFCO),
No 1 Eldoret Close,Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Abuja – Nigeria.