UNICAL Cut off Mark 2017;Cut off mark is an agreed score set by a particular institution as a basics of admitting students into the department of study. This score is usually given to candidates based on their performance in a particular examination. However, students who have scored above the required cut points will be determined by preferentially treated in a continuous process on those who met exacts cut points.
UNICAL Cut-off Mark 2017
The University of Calabar does not really have a specific cut off mark for courses. However, candidates who have scored a minimum of one 180 in UME examination is eligible to apply for admission into any of their choice courses.
Below are courses offered in the university as well as their cut off mark;
- 220 – 240 – Medicine (O’ Level result with one sitting only) and Nursing
- 200 – Mass Communication, Common Law, Pharmacy, Anatomy, Physiology
- 190 – Computer Science, English Language, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Geology, all engineering courses except Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering.
- 180 – All other courses
UNICAL Nature of Admission Screening 2017
The University of Calabar holds her admission screening exercises within a week or couple of weeks and it usually comes in two phases. Students who applied to study in the school are to proceed for the pre-screening exercise when once it is being announced.
Documents required for the pre-screening exercise are: SSCE result and JAMB registration print out only.
It is often important that a candidate arrive early and locate his/her screening venue early. Candidates will be screen on the JAMB scores and their SSCE result.
UNICAL Cut off Mark 2017/2018 – www.unical.edu.ng
The second phase of the screening is after the admission lists might have been released. Candidates who have merited the admission will be invited for another screening exercise. Here all documents such as;
- Original copies of their educational qualifications (Statements of Results/Certificates).
N/B: Cases of awaiting results will NOT be accepted.
- Birth Certification/Age Declaration.
- A letter of good conduct from your Village Head or a responsible member of your
community/or civil servant not below Grade Level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
- Certificate of Local Government of origin; and this notification of admission status
UNICAL Address and Locations
The University of Calabar is located in the heart of the town of Calabar, Big Qua TownCross River State, Calabar.