United Fund Latest (UNICEF) 2017 Recruitment – The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and regions to improve child survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, United Nations Children’s Fund supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all men and women, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. United Nations Children’s Fund UNICEF is funded entirely by voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, enthusiastic professional and enthusiastic about making a pleasant contrast to the children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
Job Title: Senior Health Specialist Talent Group, P-5
Job Number: 504009
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff, Temporary Appointment
- UNICEF is seeking Talented Professionals in the Health sector at the senior level (P5).
- Generic Vacancy Announcements (GVAs) are a means to attract and identify qualified candidates for placement in Talent Groups.
- A Talent Group is an exclusive roster of experts from which UNICEF offices worldwide will quickly select qualified pre-assessed, top-level candidates whenever a position becomes available.
- A P-5 Health Section Chief or Senior Technical Specialist/Health Advisor is responsible for managing and leading all stages of health programs/projects (health systems, maternal, neonatal, child survival, emergency preparedness) from strategic planning and formulation to delivery of results.
- S/he is also tasked with leading and managing wide health teams including establishing plans of action to achieve concrete and sustainable results in line with UNICEF Strategic Plan and goals, budget allocation, results based-management (RBM) approaches and methodology, standards of performance and accountability framework, in consultation with appropriate colleagues at different levels of the organization.
- S/he takes the lead in advocating for UNICEFs goals and values at global and regional meeting events, represents the organization at high level meeting events and establishes and maintains a wide network of.
- S/he makes efforts for capacity building among staff members under her/ his supervision.
The main expected results include:
- Managerial leadership;
- Health programme planning and development;
- Program management, monitoring and quality control of results;
- Advisory services and high level technical support;
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building;
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building.
- An advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in Public Health/Nutrition, Pediatric Health, Family Health, Health Research, Global/International Health, Health Policy and/or Management, Health Economics, Environmental Health Sciences, Biostatistics, Socio-medical, Health Education, Epidemiology or other Health related Science.
- A First University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in Public Health Programme Planning and Management and/or in relevant areas of health systems strengthening, maternal, neonatal, child and adolescent health care, epidemiology, disease control, health emergency/humanitarian preparedness and responses at the national and international level.
- Is familiar with cross-sectoral collaboration with nutrition, WASH, HIV, ECD, child protection and other related programme areas.
- Managerial, leadership, partnership or high level technical expertise is a strong asset.
- Work experience in developing countries and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every child, you demonstrate:
- Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Application Closing Date
10th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online