World Health Organization Recruitment 2017 – Apply for job vacancies, in this article you will get the latest information on the standards of the World Health Organization Recruitment 2017 guidelines, qualifications, requirements, and other important updates here.
Do not forget that World Health Organization is to improve the life standards and quality assurance as well as to improve consumers confidence in Nigeria and services through standards and quality assurance of Nigerian citizens.
Job Title: Radio Operator
Ref No: 1701860
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary Appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 12 Months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
- To enhance the effective delivery of WHO technical and managerial programmes through electronic communication for locating and contacting all personnel and also to conduct preventive and corrective maintenance of all electronic communication equipment.
Objectives of the Programme and the Immediate Strategic Objectives
The objective of the EPI programme is to support national authorities to provide high quality immunization services that will contribute to:
- The reduction of mortality, morbidity and disability from vaccine preventable diseases through the optimum use of available and new vaccines and
- The strengthening of national health systems as well as efforts to achieve the Millennium Development Goals.
Under the; general supervision of the WHO country representative and direct supervision of the Operations Officer, the incumbent of the position will primarily deal with following tasks:
- Operate High Frequency and Very High Frequency radio communication equipment.
- Monitoring vehicles and personnel in all parts of the country using radio and phones.
- Ensuring daily reporting for the entire vehicle fleet.
- Maintaining good working condition of fixed and mobile radios through troubleshooting, installations and repair.
- Supporting the agency security officer in collation of security information from various sources within and outside the organization.
- Dissemination of security advisory through the bulk SMS system.
- Booking security briefing for all personnel in Abuja and supporting completion UNDSS online courses.
- Ensure efficient transport coordination for airport reception/departure
- Arrange for mobile police escort for airport runs during the night for arriving/departing staff and consultants.
- Reserve accommodation for arriving staff and consultants
- Generate fault reports of all electronic communication equipment
- Train newly arriving/visiting staff in the proper use of radio communication equipment and protocol.
- Ensure efficient and optimal utilization of available communication equipment.
- Enforcing MOSS compliance in travel and communication through monitoring and information sharing.
- Completing online security clearance requests for all travelers using in-country road and all air travel.
- Close monitoring of CCTV devices in the wake of heightened insecurity in the country and real-time reporting to management for action.
- Dispatching outgoing official mail to all recipients in the city of operation and other State WHO offices.
- Perform any other functions as may be directed by the supervisor.
- Completion of Secondary education – Essential
- National Diploma in Radio/Mass Communication; Higher National Diploma/ University Degree – Desirable
- Minimum 5 years radio equipment operation – Essential
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks with minimum supervision – Desirable
- Troubleshooting faults in communication equipment – Desirable
- Experience in multicultural environments – Desirable
- Communicating in a Credible and Effective Way;
- Fostering integration and teamwork;
- Ensuring the effective use of resources.
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to operate radio and Satellite communication equipment
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word and Excel software
- Fluent in written and spoken English
How to Apply for World Health Organization Recruitment 2017
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to apply
Application Deadline 7th July, 2017.
1. Multiple applications will not be entertained. Candidates applying for a job position. Candidates who try to apply some time will have their application is disqualified
2. No fee is required for online application, test or interview.
3. If you want us to inform you about the World Health Organization Recruitment 2017/2018 intake form and guide, you need to subscribe to this site and get updated once the recruitment starts.
What’s you think about this page? I urge you to use this same opportunity to share this information across to others using our Facebook, twitter or whatsapp share button below.