World Meteorological Organization Recruitment 2017 – Apply for job vacancies, in this article you will get the latest information on the standards of the World Meteorological Organization Recruitment 2017 guidelines, qualifications, requirements, and other important updates here.
Do not forget that World Meteorological Organization is to improve the life standards and quality assurance as well as to improve consumers confidence in Nigeria and services through standards and quality assurance of Nigerian citizens.
The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations. It is the UN system’s authoritative voice on the state and behaviour of the Earth’s atmosphere, its interaction with the oceans, the climate it produces and the resulting distribution of water resources.
WMO has a membership of 191 Member States and Territories (on 1 January 2013). It originated from the International Meteorological Organization (IMO), which was founded in 1873. Established in 1950, WMO became the specialized agency of the United Nations in 1951 for meteorology (weather and climate), operational hydrology and related geophysical sciences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below for World Meteorological Organization:
Job Title: Bilingual Secretary
Commencement of Duty: 1st September, 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter
- The World Meteorological Organization requires a highly qualified locally-recruited Bilingual Secretary (G.4level) for its Office for North, Central and West Africa, located in Abuja, Nigeria.
Under the overall supervision of the WMO Representative for North, Central and West Africa and under direct supervision of the National Programme Officer, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Classify all the incoming and outgoing correspondences.
- Prepare the monthly accounts of the Office.
- Arrange appointments and maintain the supervisors’ calendar, place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion
- Keep lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of relevant partners (Ministers, Government Officials and members of the Diplomatic Corps and Donor Organizations)
- Prepare briefing material for the supervisors for use on Official trips or special meetings
- Prepare correspondence, some of which are highly confidential in both French and English.
- Transmit the outgoing mails.
- Maintain the proper Office filling system
- Make travel arrangements (flight booking and purchase of tickets) for the supervisors and perform liaison duties with other offices
- Perform any other assignment that he/she may be directed.
Qualification and Experience
- Completed Secondary School Education or equivalent Administration Studies with corresponding Diploma.
- A minimum of 8 years progressively responsible experience in secretarial functions.
- Demonstrated experience in screening and filtering incoming correspondence and documents and working experience in a United Nations or related international organization.
- Must possess demonstrated ability to work with Microsoft Office software, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software and multi-tasking systems (e-mail, agendas, etc.) and the use of Oracle I-Procurement and ELIOS applications.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to draft and produce correspondence, to take minutes of meetings, to manage and balance workloads and timelines within a multi-structured environment.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail.
- Excellent typing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and French (oral and written).
- Knowledge of other UN official languages would be an advantage.
Nature of Assignment and Salary
- Fixed term of two years with possibility of renewal pending funding and satisfactory performance after an initial probationary period of one year, which can be extended up to a maximum of two years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should create a Profile Online in the WMO e-recruitment system, print the profile and send it along with a cover letter (not more than one page) to the WMO Representative via the e-mail: email@example.com
Click Here to Create a Profile Online (WMO e-recruitment System)
- Do not send your application via multiple routes.
- Only applicants in whom WMO has a further interest will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates may be required to Sit for a written test and/or an interview.
- This position will be based in Abuja and is open only to Nigerian nationals or permanent residents.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered
Application Deadline 21st July, 2017.
1. Multiple applications will not be entertained. Candidates applying for a job position. Candidates who try to apply some time will have their application is disqualified
2. No fee is required for online application, test or interview.
3. If you want us to inform you about the World Meteorological Organization Recruitment 2017/2018 intake form and guide, you need to subscribe to this site and get updated once the recruitment starts.
What’s you think about this page? I urge you to use this same opportunity to share this information across to others using our Facebook, twitter or whatsapp share button below.